Snow and Slippers
It's snowed!! This means my feet are colder than usual. As such I've been doing some knitting. Here's a pair of slippers in need of a couple of soles sewn up, ends woven in and some felting.
Knit up in just a few days with malabrigo in little lovely (1 skein) for the instep and malabrigo chunky in brilliance (about a skein and a half) for the sole and cuff. Here's my foot for comparison.
And now for a few photos of Hannah. My has she grown. Almost 2 months old and she's over nine lbs, likely close to ten by now. Here she is in a cardigan made by Grandma Long. It's a wool/bamboo blend. Lovely cables on it. Just love it. Sorry the photo isn't better.
She's laying on the quilt also made by Grandma Long.
Next up is Hannah is a lovely purple crocheted dress with matching booties. The photo doesn't do it justice. This was knit by Delaine who works out at the Cannery Creek Hatchery with Nettie and Neil.
Sent to us by Nettie and Neil and will be passed around to future Kritchen great grandchildren. I'm looking forward to seeing those future great grandchildren. In the same package we got a lovely quilt made by my Grandma Kritchen, Hannah's great grandma. I'll have to try to get pictures of that as well.
Here's a final picture of her about to smile. She's a very happy child and I need to go get her up to feed her. Ta ta.

Next up is Hannah is a lovely purple crocheted dress with matching booties. The photo doesn't do it justice. This was knit by Delaine who works out at the Cannery Creek Hatchery with Nettie and Neil.
Here's a final picture of her about to smile. She's a very happy child and I need to go get her up to feed her. Ta ta.

2 Comments:
AH! Hannah looks so cute, she is lucky to have such a crafty family to dote on her.
Let me know how that Malabrigo goes for you, I have had issues with it pilling, even felted, and I am not sure if it was just me or the nature of the yarn.
That crocheted dress is BEAUTIFUL! What a work of art, and quite unusual to see something like that for a purpose other than christening. She'll be the most fashionable (and warm!) baby in town.
Glad thing are going well for you guys, keep us all posted :)
What a cute babe!!! Thanks for sharing . . .
Love you, Auntie Kay
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home